TFS2012 ???

Topics: Build Server Setup, Development Environment Setup
Jan 26, 2015 at 12:17 PM
Hi there,

I am wondering whether it is possible to use TFS2012 instead of TFS2013 when I would like to use xRM CI Framework for CRM 2013 v6.1. If not, what needs to be changed?

Thanks.
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2015 at 9:29 PM
Hi,

Depends which components you want to use.

The PowerShell Cmdlets don't have a dependency on TFS.

Most powershell scripts work with TFS 2012.

The Build Template has some dependencies on TFS 2013 assemblies mainly around how to structure parameters. You can try to change the template to make it TFS 2012 compatible. You could also try using a TFS 2013 Build server and VS 2013 with TFS 2012 latest update.

Hope that helps.
Jan 27, 2015 at 5:47 AM
Hi,

I modified your framework a bit to satisfy our needs. But I still use all of powershell scripts except deploy script.

I removed only Solution Packager and Deployment section from a workflow, everything else remained inplace.

My problem is that I use VS2013 for build, VS2012 for CRM development with TFS2013 on my test VM, but
I have a requirement to make this framework work with TFS2012, which I am unable to use and
a customer wants to know whether it will work with TFS2012, so that is the reason why I am asking you,
because I cannot test it with TFS2012 right now, I do not have an access to their TFS2012 so far.

If something needs to be changed in framework, could you please describe it? (maybe which assemblies and so on...)

I really appreciate your help, thanks.
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2015 at 5:35 PM
The scripts are very much re-usable in terms of the build template you can can just all the scripts from a TFS2012 build template.

What did you end up doing?
Aug 19, 2015 at 6:00 PM
Hello,

I am also having similar issue. I have TFS 2012 with VS2015 (or I can get VS2013 as well). But when I defined a build template definition, I got error message :

1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
TF215097: An error occurred while initializing a build for build definition \<build definition name>
Exception Message: The build controller used for this build does not support the version of the template file used by the build definition. The version of the template file is 12.0. The maximum supported version for this build controller is 11.0.0.0. This build controller must be upgraded to build this version of the template file.

What all components I should remove from build template to make it TFS 2012 compatible. I want to use powershells along with build template to automate whole process.